Edit My Events
Craig Smith is an enthusiastic family historian who has successfully used DNA testing to discover long lost ancestors and new-found cousins. He is an active member and moderator of the Facebook group Using DNA for Genealogy - Australia & NZ and an administrator of the Smith DNA Project at FamilyTreeDNA.
Introduction to Genetic Genealogy: Using DNA for Family History Research
DNA testing has become a more affordable and increasingly popular way for people to explore their family history. Learn what can be revealed if you choose to take a DNA test and how it can assist you with your genealogy research.
Topics covered will include:
• The types of DNA relevant to genealogy
• Where to buy a test - and how to get another test for free
• A quick word about "ethnicity"
• Estimating your relationship to your DNA matches
• Important considerations when deciding to take a DNA test