Go straight to the menu item 'New Events', if you have already read this page.
Because this is yet another new Events process, we are sorry but you first need to create a new user login. This was brought about by annoying spammers. Click the 'Create an Account' option in the login area (right-hand-side for most users).
A 12+ character password is required, but please don't use 'alongpassword', or anything similar. We prefer you include at least 1 capital and 1 number. If you get an error message, please Email me via the contact form, and I can create a login for you. Please note that I have to approve your Email registration (to try to stop spammers), so it may take a few hours for me to do this.
Filling Out Event Form
Once logged in, you can create an Event, so click the link at the top or bottom of this page ('new events form'). The following dot points describe how best to fill in the Event Fields for the best result. As always, if you have problems, I am usually available to help, just use the Contact form to message me.
The Events page starts with a blue row, including a save button. You must use this to save your work.
Next are two Tabs, Common and Calendar. Both have fields you need to complete. Click on them to see the info required.
Common Tab Form Fields:
- Title - required. Should explain exactly what the Event is about in just a few words.
- Category - choose from the dropdown list.
- Access level - leave as Public. Anything else will limit who can see the Event.
- Description - A 'free form' text box. You should explain the event in some detail, where to go for more information or further enquiry, and any booking requirements. Also an address if it is an in-person event. Note that our Events page cannot accept bookings. so you need to explain how people can register, if required. You could add info about disability access, what indigenous lands the event is on, and any other essential information that will make it easier for attendees.
- Location - Enter on-line or a physical address.
- Contact - Please enter an Email address or a phone number and name. This helps those who have questions or difficulty understanding the event. It also reduces the chance they will contact me for help (which I provide when needed).
- Extra information - Anything else relevant for the Event.
Calendar Tab Form Fields
- All day event - tick if your event warrants it. Usually at least 6 hours in the day.
- Start Date and Time - Use the calendar icon to select. format 2022-08-01 (year-month-day). Time in format 9:00. Select AM or PM.
- End Date and Time - format is the same as above.
- No specific end time - Tick if required.
- All Day? - can be set to 'yes' if Event is for several hours, eg 9am to 5pm or longer.
- Repeat type - select a different option if needed.
Remember to Save regularly and when your event is finalised. To Exit the Events form, use the Close or Save & Close button at the top of the page.
Edit My Events
There is an Edit option where you can edit your own Events. You need to log in, then you can see all the Events you have entered. Select the Event you want to Edit, then you have access to the same fields that you initially filled out. The hints above apply.
If these instructions don't make sense or are confusing, please contact me (webmaster Jan Squire) using the Contact form, by clicking on the Contact Menu item. Please tell me how you are understanding what I have written, and I will try to help.
Go straight to New Events Form.