NFHM Events Calendar
Craig Smith is an enthusiastic family historian who has successfully used DNA testing to discover long lost ancestors and new-found cousins. He is an active member and moderator of the Facebook group Using DNA for Genealogy - Australia & NZ and an administrator of the Smith DNA Project at FamilyTreeDNA.
Advanced Genetic Genealogy: Tools for Using DNA for Family History Research
This advanced session gives an overview of some of the tools that are available to assist you with using DNA in your genealogy research.
Topics covered will include:
• Shared (or In Common With) Matches
• Manually grouping your matches – the Leeds Method
• Automatically grouping your matches – Auto Clustering
• Estimating relationships with matches – the Shared cM Project
• Placing a match in your tree – What Are The Odds
• Chromosome mapping