Competitions in August
Each August, our sponsors allow us to run competitions with prizes they donate. Please support them whenever you can. The rules of the competition are at the foot of this page. The 2020 competition details are set out below. Winners will be announced during the closing ceremony, and on this page in September.
PRIZES for Event Organisers
to be advised.
PRIZES for individuals
We have contacted all winners.
Ancestry -2 x 12 month World subscription for Australian residents. (Margaret S, Vic; Irene K, Vic)
Ancestry -1 x 12 month World subscription for New Zealand residents. (Elaine B, NZ)
FamilySearch – Samsung Portable SSD T7 (1TB) – cost $300 (Georgina S, Qld)
FamilySearch – Canon IXUS Camera (Black) – cost $179 (Mark P, NSW)
AFFHO – 2 x DNA kits. Company to be confirmed. (Robert M, NSW; Terri U, WA)
NFHM Opening Event:
Gould Genealogy –
$100 Unlock the Past publications (print and ebooks) voucher (Marline Y)
$20 Gould Genealogy Gift Card (Rachel L)
MyHeritage – 12 month World subscriptions (Sue P)
NFHM Closing Event:
Gould Genealogy –
$100 Genealogy ebooks (UTP and Archive Digital Books) voucher (Gail B)
$20 Gould Genealogy Gift Card (Janine F)
MyHeritage – 12 month World subscriptions (Leisa B, WA)
Instructions on how to enter the competition form part of the terms and conditions. The competition for individuals opens on 1 August 2020 and closes on 30 August 2020.
Terms and Conditions:
- Entry is only open to Australian/New Zealand genealogy and family history societies, and to individuals living in Australia or New Zealand.
- Australian genealogy and family history societies with events listed in the NFHM web calendar for August 2020 will be automatically entered into the prize draw for societies, with one entry for each Society or Group that lists one or more events.
- Prizes for the opening and closing events are available to those who register and attend the events.
- The giveaway for individuals commences on 1 August 2020 and entries close on 30 August 2020.
- The winning entries will be drawn during closing function. We will attempt to contact each winner using the Email address provided.
- Individuals can enter the prize draw by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, including your name, postcode and Email address. Individuals are not eligible for prizes designated as for Societies only. Entries received outside the competition period will not be considered.
- Email addresses submitted as part of the giveaway are not used for any other purpose.
- Prize winners will be notified by email within 7 days of the prize draw.
- Prizes are not transferable, exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.
- No responsibility is taken for late, non-delivered emails or incomplete emails.
- Where travel is involved in the prize, the winner will be responsible for meals, spending money, transport to and from departure and arrival points, travel insurance and all other ancillary costs unless otherwise stated.
- The judges decision is final.