National Family History Month is only possible because of the generous support of our major sponsors and prize sponsors. Their support is greatly appreciated.
2018 Major Sponsors also assist with promotion and publicity for NFHM through their own e-newsletters, blogs and social media outlets. We thank them for sharing these resources with us. Please visit their websites by clicking on the links below.
2018 Prize Sponsors – As well as donating the prizes, our sponsors also assist with promotion and publicity for NFHM through their own e-newsletters, blogs and social media outlets. We thank them for sharing these resources with us. Please visit their websites by clicking on the links below. Competition Terms and Conditions are set out at the bottom of this page.
Two prizes of $1,000 towards a research project searching historical images and supplying copies. This is more likely to be suitable for organisations with research interests in Queensland – please read the Terms and Conditions below.
A free attendance at one of our workshops in Sydney. The next round on workshops will be held in Sydney between the 25th and 28th September. Choices are: Care of Collections , Handling or Basic Textile Conservation (more info is our our website: preservationaustralia.com.au) Worth $350. Please read the Terms and Conditions below.
Prizes available for Individuals
Two 12 month World Subscriptions
Two DNA kits – please read the Terms and Conditions below.
One $50 voucher Unlock the Past guide books
Two $100 Unlock the Past cruise vouchers – please read the Terms and Conditions below.
The Queensland Registry of Births, Deaths and Marriages has provided 5 prizes of 10 images each from their Family History Research service (for individuals) – please read the Terms and Conditions above.
A presentation box with 10 archival trays and polyester sleeves – please read the Terms and Conditions below.
National Family History Month 2018 Online Giveaway Prize Draw
Instructions on how to enter the competition form part of the terms and conditions. The competition for individuals opens on 1 August 2018 and closes on 20 August 2018.
Terms and Conditions:
- Entry is only open to Australian/New Zealand genealogy and family history societies, and to individuals living in Australia or New Zealand.
- Australian genealogy and family history societies with events listed in the NFHM web calendar on 1 August 2018 will be automatically entered into the prize draw for societies, with one entry for each Society or Group that lists one or more events.
- The giveaway for individuals commences on 1 August 2018 and entries close on 20 August 2018.
- The winning entries will be announced at the closing function at Geelong, and published on this page. We will attempt to contact each winner using the Email address provided.
- Individuals can enter the prize draw by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, including your name, postcode and Email address. Individuals are not eligible for prizes designated as for Societies only. Entries received outside the competition period will not be considered.
- Email addresses submitted as part of the giveaway are not used for any other purpose.
- Prize winners will be notified by email within 7 days of the prize draw.
- Prizes are not transferable, exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.
- No responsibility is taken for late, non-delivered emails or incomplete emails.
- Where travel is involved in the prize, the winner will be responsible for meals, spending money, transport to and from departure and arrival points, travel insurance and all other ancillary costs unless otherwise stated.
- The judges decision is final.